Folder NatSIP Documents
Note: File Formats - What to do if you can't open a document from the library:
Documents in the library are usually in PDF, or Microsoft Word or Powerpoint formats. If you have Office 2003 (or one of its components such as Word 2003 or Powerpoint 2003) you may need to download and install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack to enable you to open documents created with later versions.
If you cannot open PDF files, you need to download and install Adobe Reader version 9 or later.
Library Categories below are in alphabetical order. The site search box (upper right of this page) includes documents in the library.
Documents about YP aged 16-25, including transition.
(Except briefiing notes on transition, which can be found Folder here ).
- Just Enough Support - Guidance for supporting young people in FE
- Supporting Deaf Young People through Transition - NDCS/NatSIP Booklet (40 pages)
- Transition to University - Links to the online documents produced by the RNIB/Birmingham University longitudinal transitions project.
NatSIP Documents for Better Assessments, Better Plans and Better Outcomes in preparation for Education, Health & Care Plans.
This section contains:
- Assessment Frameworks
- NatSIP model EHC plans for Ruby, Robert, Rosie, Eva, Hannah, Chloe, Raj, James, Steven and Daniel.
- Assess-Plan-Do-Review documents other than briefings. (APDR briefings are Folder here ).
- EHC Plan documents
- Vision Impairment Specific Independence Outcomes document, and the associated tracking tool.
Briefing Notes for Parents on Contributing to an EHC Plan (HI, VI, MSI) are here .
NatSIP Briefing Documents, Papers and Reports.
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Baseline assessments for HI CYP
- Contributing to an EHC Plan - Briefing Notes for Parents
- Future of the Sector
- Guidance for Parents: Funding for Early Years education for children with SI
- Mathematics - a programme to help primary school teachers develop deaf childen's numeracy skills
- Mental Capacity Act
- Provision of Equipment and Technology
- Transitions to university for VI YP
- Writing reports for non-specialist audiences - guidance for:
- Audiology professionals
- Eye health professionals
Documents relating to the BSL Coalition, including:
- Audit Report (Mar 2015)
- Language Planning
- Tactile Signing.
CPD for Specialist Teachers
- CPD Standards for Teachers' Professional Development
- Leonardo Competencies
- Mandatory Qualifications for Specialist Teachers
Curriculum Reports and Support Documents other than briefings (Curriculum briefings are Folder here )
- Effective Support for Pupils with VI in Secondary Schools (document suite)
- Examination access for pupils with sensory impairment (access guide)
- Teaching Assistant Guidance (incl model job descriptions)
- Victoria School MSI Curriculum and related documents
NatSIP and the DfE:
- Contract funding for 2017-18
- Contract funding for 2016-17
- Grant Funding for 2015-16
- Contract Funding for 2013-15
Eligibility Framework for Scoring Support Levels Documents.
- The Eligibility Framework is a tool that enables services to provide an equitable allocation of their resources. Entry and exit criteria for support are provided as well as a means of identifying the levels of support required. The current version of the Eligibility Framework is the Summer 2017 Edition.
- Habilitation Eligibility Framework documents are in their own sub-section
Files relating to the Emotonal Resilience Workstream, including:
- Emotional Resilience Questionnaires
- Think Right - Feel Good - HI
- Think Right - Feel Good - VI
- Think Right - Feel Good - Self-Advocacy
- Parents as Partners course
Documents and papers relating to the Equality Act 2010 and its implications for SI.
NatSIP Guidance On... Documents
- Checklist for Service Alignment with Legislation and Guidance
- Guidance on Double Funding Questions
For guidance on easy access technolgy, please check out the Mainstream Training Pack.
Documents and speaker presentations from the Heads of Sensory Support Services (HoSS) regional and national conferences.
The Mainstream Training Pack contains the following documents:
- A place to start - working wth a child or young person with sensory impairment
- A place to start - Top 10 Tips
- Guidance on Easy Access Technology
- Hearing impairment case study
- Visual impairment case study
- Multi-sensory impairment case study
Additions scheduled for 2018 include:
- Accessibility plans (not yet published)
- Examples of quality first teaching (not yet published)
Documents relating to the Mandatory Qualificaiton (MQ) for HI, VI and MSI
NatSIP guidance for parents on the Mental Capacity Act 2005 as it relates to young people making their own decisions about their education.
- Parents Booklet
- NatSIP MCA Capacity Assessment Proforma
- Capacity Assessment Proforma Guidance Notes
- MCA Summary Briefing Note for SI professionals
- Links to the legislation and code of practice
Files relating to Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI) and Intervenors
- MSI Outcomes Measures document
- Promoting Independene - Service Standards for intervenor services
- The future learning and development needs for intervenors
Files and speaker presentations relating to NatSIP Working Days and Events.
This section contains the following files from the NatSIP-CRIDE Longitudinal Study.
- Information Sheet for Local Authority Hearing Impairment Support Teams
- Sample Consent Form (for internal LA use only)
- (Optional) Individual Pupil Data Collection Forms: Introduction
- (Optional) Individual Pupil Data Collection Form: Cohort A
- (Optional) Individual Pupil Data Collection Form: Cohort B
- Reference Copy of the Survey Questionnaire: On-Screen version
- Reference Copy of the Survey Questionnaire: Hard Copy version
- Primary school accountability in 2017 (DfE)
This section contains:
- Guidance Document for the Outcomes Benchmarking exercise for Academic Year 2016-17 which closes in February 2018.
- Optional Individual Pupil Data (IPD) Collection Forms for HI, VI and MSI are also in this section. The IPD forms are for internal use by services. If used within a service, they should not be returned to NatSIP.
(Documents from previous NatSIP Outcomes Benchmarking exercises are archived Folder here )
- Archive of files from previous exercises
- Tracking Resources submitted by Services
- Quality Standards for Sensory Services
- Quality Improvement Support Pack and supporting materials
Documents relating to Special Educational Needs and Disability and Pathfinder Pilots.
NatSIP guidance to support schools, services, Local Authorities and agencies with the implementation of the SEND Reforms, within the Children and Families Act 2014, for children and young people with Sensory Impairment
- Joint Commissioning (key information to support the requirement for joint commissioning of services for children and young people with sensory impairments)
- The Local Offer (NatSIP guidance to support the development of the Local Offer for children and young people with sensory impairment
- The SEN Information Report (an evaluation tool for schools, to ensure that parents are fully informed about provision for children and young people with SEND, including Sensory Impairment)
Documents and papers relating to Sensory Impairment policy and practice.
Files from the Supporting the SI workforce and Workforce Development workstreams.
- Supporting the achievement of deaf children in... - a series of resources about how best to support deaf children in different educational settings
- Report on the factors promoting and inhibiting the successful supply of specialist teachers
- Proposal to develop a new standardised braille reading test
- Report: Pupils with a hearing impairment who do not make the expected levels of progress - recommendations to improve outcomes
- Learner outcomes framework for VI children and young people - report and supporting documents