Title: A Practical Approach to Supporting Access to Learning for Children and Young People with Deafblindness/Multi-Sensory Impairment
A 5 day taught course in Autumn 2017 covering key areas of working with deafblind / MSI learners. There are 15 places available on this course for professionals who currently provide direct support for deafblind children / young people.
Delegates on the course will have the opportunity to identify and share good practice, whilst receiving support from a mentor. A mentor could be identified locally by participants and agreed with the course organisers or mentoring will be provided at additional cost.
- 21st September - Day 1: Implications of MSI
- 5th October - Day 2: The role of the senses
- 19th October - Day 3: Developing communication skills 1
- 9th November - Day 4: The role of touch in learning
- 30th November - Day 5: Developing communication skills 2
(Note all 5 days must be completed in one course provision)
£550 (if a local mentor is agreen within your place of work / £660 (if mentoring support is provided by the course steering group).
For staff who work in Kent:
£350 (if a local mentor is agreen within your place of work / £460 (if mentoring support is provided by the course steering group).